One Little Word 2009

Ali Edwards had this great idea to choose one little word to live by for the year. To quote her

"A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow."

My word for 2009. CHANGE


From Miriam Websters dictionary:
Change:
transitive verb1 a: to make different in some particular : alter change the will>
b
: to make radically different : transform change human nature>
c: to give a different position, course, or direction to
2 a: to replace with another change the subject> b: to make a shift from one to another : switch changes sides in an argument> c: to exchange for an equivalent sum of money (as in smaller denominations or in a foreign currency) <change a 20-dollar bill>
d
: to undergo a modification of changing color> e: to put fresh clothes or covering on <change a bed>

intransitive verb

1
: to become different changes every hour>
2
of the moon : to pass from one phase to another
3
: to shift one's means of conveyance : transfer change twice>
4
of the voice : to shift to lower register : break
5
: to undergo transformation, transition, or substitution changed to spring>
6
: to put on different clothes change for dinner>

I Want and NEED to change. Change the way I eat, change the way I feel about myself, change how much I spend and save, change my childlessness, change my priorities, change how much I scrap - Just CHANGE.

And so Here is my daily reminder card hung on my monitor at work so I see it every day

Like a butterfly I need to change myself into who I want to become. No more excuses, no more being lazy. The time has come for me to do this.

Here is my inspirational quote:
You must be the change you want to see in the world.
Mahatma Gandhi
I will be working on all sorts of Change related projects I will post as they get done.






1 Response to "One Little Word 2009"

  1. Theresa Says:

    good for you. i was thinking about this, too, and i think my word might be "me." yeah... seems a bit egocentric, but last year was kind all about baby... and i think it might be time to focus on me.
    here's to 2009... and change!

    love you, girl!